If you are interested in an advertised role please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Job title: Office Manager
Closing Date for Applications: 17th June 2019
GBP 12,600 (GBP 21,000 Pro Rata) + Training + Pension + Holiday
Based: Newtown, Powys
Job duration: Permanent
Hours 24 p/w (9.30am – 2.30pm Mon-Thurs, 9.30 am – 1.30pm Fridays) Negotiable for right candidate.
This is a unique opportunity to join a new and growing research, design and technology partnership. You will have the opportunity to learn about and engage with innovative new tech research and development projects in fields as diverse as Law, Health and Contemporary Art. You will have the chance to develop skills and interests in the technology sector working within these fields.
The Office Manager will provide administrative and clerical support for all aspects of the practice business and work closely with our Managing Partner, organising their daily activities. You will be expected to be able to analyse problems and develop procedures, make recommendations and implement systems where required and deliver effective day-to-day administration and support with ad hoc projects. You will be the main initial point of contact for the office, whether by telephone, email or on Twitter.
You will sometimes be required to open the office and there may be times when you are the only person present.
This is a new role within the business. You will be joining a company where you will be a central part of a small team, with an interesting and varied workload and the opportunity to develop new skills. You will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-changing environment, in a small busy office of friendly people. You will have excellent interpersonal communication and organisational skills.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our consultancy, research and development projects. We have consistently found ourselves at the leading edge of new developments in areas such as the application of data technologies, artificial intelligence and automation. We are looking for an Office Manager who shares our ethos and can help us to extend this to the smooth day-to-day running of the office at a time when the business is growing.
The Office Manager will support the Managing Partner as well as being responsible for office organisation and administration. This will include accepting and making calls, setting meeting schedules and agendas and reviewing reports. They will treat sensitive information confidentially and adhere to data protection law at all times. They will take responsibility for the smooth and effective running of the office. They will be the main point of contact for external enquiries from a variety of clients, providing a friendly, professional welcome and efficient, appropriate response. They will contribute to maintaining filing systems and other business management administration and assisting the relationship with our accountant.
We recognise that candidates may not be equally strong across all areas of the job specification, and when selecting will take into account a willingness and capacity to learn on the job.
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Excellent telephone and email manner, providing a friendly and professional welcome to all enquiries
- Ability to respond to enquiries appropriately and efficiently
- Social media skills
- Ability to communicate confidently and appropriately across the team
- Ability to keep the whole team, who are not all based in the office, informed and up-to-date
- Ability to communicate confidently and appropriately with clients, for example to arrange meetings and update on projects as needed
- Ability to apply judgement, tact and discretion
- The confidence to acquire new skills with training and support
- Ability to organise your own and others’ diaries
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Written skills, such as taking minutes of meetings, writing up reports under guidance, writing formal email and mail communications to clients
- Interest in the company’s projects and progress
- Your key assets will be flexibility and adaptability with the confidence to act on your own initiative when the need and opportunity arises
- Previous experience in an administration role would be particularly welcome
- Prior knowledge of managing meetings
- Experience of making travel arrangements and bookings
Etic Lab LLP wishes to inform all applicants that we can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom. Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply as your details will not be processed.