Job Title: Senior Developer
GBP 15,000 (GBP 30,000 Pro Rata) + Training + Pension + Holiday
Job duration: 6 Months fixed term
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing research, design and technology partnership. You will have the opportunity to learn about and engage with innovative new tech research and development projects in fields as diverse as Law, Health and Contemporary Art. You will have the chance to develop skills and interests in the technology sector working within these fields. This is a full-time role with significant opportunities for personal development working with a multi-disciplinary team and a collegiate culture.
We are looking for a motivated and innovative developer to join the team currently working on a challenging project to increase and enable access to justice in the UK.
- 14 days holiday (incl. Bank holidays)
- Training and support with relevant skills developments
- Company issued laptop
Etic Lab is a Research and Development outfit with recent output focusing on the financial and legal services sectors. The partners’ (and associates’) skillsets and experiences range from applied psychology and art to mathematics and computer science with over 60 years combined experience in academia and 30 in the commercial world. This allows Etic to deliver its core value offering to clients and partners – to deliver a strategic service based on the analysis of a cultural phenomenon and hinged on the objective realities of living, working and engaging with it. We conduct research on behalf of clients in the academic and corporate sectors prototyping and developing custom applications to demonstrate and understand the potential of emerging technologies.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our consultancy, research and development projects. We have consistently found ourselves at the leading edge of new developments in areas such as the application of data technologies, artificial intelligence and automation.
For more information see: eticlab.co.uk
Or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a developer to start work immediately on a project to develop a suite of secure, integrated communications tools for the UK justice sector. You will be taking a key role in our talented team to deliver a specification that has been designed as one of the recommendations of an ongoing Innovate UK part-funded 18-month research project examining the feasibility of applying digital technologies to the justice system.
The implementation of the project would enhance the capacity of the access to justice sector to carry out its social mission in the years to come — a public good with benefits extending across the legal system and throughout society. This project is an investment in the UK’s ongoing ability to support a fair, open and accessible justice system.
The successful candidate will be working alongside senior partners to deliver the Secure Integrated Communications Suite (SICS); a single page web application providing video, audio and text chat along with secure document transfer and appointment booking enabling organisations within the access to justice sector to deliver a secure and accessible service to end users with due consideration to the privacy and data ownership concerns of clients.
Etic Lab maintains offices in Mid-Wales (our HQ) and Milton Keynes however we are willing to engage with the ideal candidate on remote working for this initial project due to the circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and the ongoing restrictions in the UK. Ongoing, there may be occasions when you are expected to travel to our offices.
Etic Lab is a growing company and have programmes in place to encourage our employees to work towards co-ownership of the company through associate and full partnership. While we are initially recruiting to a specific project our hope is that we can form a long term relationship with the ideal candidate leading to a successful integration into our core team.
We recognise that candidates may not be equally strong across all areas of the job specification, and when selecting will take into account a willingness and capacity to learn on the job.
- Based in UK
- Minimum 3 years experience with similar size / type of company
- Experience building user-facing web applications
- Experienced in designing and maintaining MySQL databases (and motivated to keep queries optimized)
- Experience turning ideas and mockups into well-executed code
- Experience with continuous deployment
- Understand and proactively prevent common application security flaws
- Track record of deploying web applications at scale with easily maintainable code
- Comfortable in a Linux environment and with Git and SSH
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, self-motivated and driven
- Willing to ask questions to understand a problem before writing any code
- Advanced understanding of HTML and CSS preferably with frameworks like Bootstrap 4 or Gov.uk Design System
- Experience building SPAs using Vuex, Vue Router
- Extensive PHP experience with a framework (Laravel, Symfony, etc.)
- Experience building, maintaining, testing and documenting APIs to be used by other developers both internally and externally
- Experience with Twilio APIs or WebRTC
- Experience with other data stores like ElasticSearch, MongoDB or similar
- Experience using cloud computing platforms (Digital Ocean etc.)
- Any experience / knowledge setting up CI pipelines, docker, docker-compose, kubernetes would be advantageous
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter and any relevant portfolio work you wish to submit to email@example.com. We will email you with receipt of your application with 48 hours.
Etic Lab LLP wishes to inform all applicants that we can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom. Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply as your details will not be processed.
Applications close Friday, 21st August 2020